Prof Emmilia Hodak
Emmilia Hodak is Chair of the Division of Dermatology at Rabin Medical Center, Beilinson Hospital, University of Tel Aviv, Israel. She received an MD from Tel Aviv University and completed dermatology residency at Beilinson Hospital, Rabin Medical Center. She later made a dermatopathology fellowship at the Department of Dermatology at NYU Medical Center in New York, and subsequently served as a guest investigator at the Laboratories for Investigative Dermatology, Rockefeller University, New York. She served as a full time faculty in the Department of Dermatology at Rabin Medical Center since 1993, and directed the Skin Cancer Unit for 10 years.
She is an author of more than 180 papers and chapters in books, and was an Associate Editor of Arch Dermatol Research.
Her major interest is cutaneous T-cell lymphoma. She has been running a referral clinic for cutaneous lymphomas since 1998, and a research lab focusing on cutaneous lymphomas during the last years.
Relevant Memberships and appointments:
- President, Israel Society of Dermatology and Venereology
- EORTC Cutaneous Lymphoma Task Force
- Treasurer, International Society of Cutaneous Lymphoma (ISCL)
- United States Cutaneous Lymphoma Consortium (USCLC)
- Cutaneous Lymphoma International Consortium (CLIC) and a member of the steering committee of the Prospective Cutaneous Lymphoma International Prognostic Index study (PROCLIPI)
- Councilor of International Eczema Council (IEC)
TITLE OF LECTURE
The role of microRNAs in mycosis fungoides – from bench to bedside